Gifts and Donations
Every year our operation requires funds above tuition to meet the financial obligations of the school. Many individuals who understand the blessings of and need for this Christian school being a vital presence in Acadiana have given sacrificially to continue its mission. The attractive school buildings and spacious 30-acre Opelousas Campus, as well as the 14-acre Lafayette Campus, were begun through such gifts.
While tuition and fees cover approximately ninety-five percent of WCA's operating expenses, the remaining five percent is made up by donations and fund raising events. Gifts may be restricted to a particular area, however, unrestricted gifts are especially appreciated and can be used where they are most needed. All gifts and donations are tax deductible.
Areas of giving include:
- Generations Annual Fund - annual giving fund
- Agape Endowment Fund - faculty benevolence fund
- WCA Endowment Fund - institution fund
- Leave a Legacy - planned giving /estate giving
- Rutland Tuition Assistance Fund - assists families with paying tuition
- Gift-in-kind Donations - property, automobile, etc.
- Memorials/Honorariums - in honor or memory of a loved one
- Unrestricted gifts - used where most needed
For additional information on giving to Westminster Christian Academy, contact Chaney Hopkins, Director of Institutional Advancement, at [email protected] or at 337-948-8607, ext. 123.