Westminster Christian Academy is state approved by the Louisiana Department of Education in Grades K3-12 on the Lafayette and Opelousas Campuses and dually accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Cognia, formerly known as AdvancED.
Westminster Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the organization. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and other organization-administered programs.
THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCREDITATION
Accreditation lays the groundwork for success for schools and students...
Parents have long held education as a key to their child’s preparation and success in life. Equally, educators have known that a quality education is of the utmost importance for a child’s future. Quality and success are not mutually exclusive in the education process. Quality and student success go hand‐in‐hand and are why many schools seek accreditation.
Accreditation benefits parents and students...
When a school or school system achieves accreditation, parents and the community can be assured that the top priorities are:
- increasing student achievement
- providing a safe and enriching learning environment
- running an efficient operation
Students benefit from accreditation as well. Students are assured:
- qualified teachers who are working to improve their methods
- more focus on student learning
- better transition from grade to grade
- a rigorous, diverse, and sound curriculum based on quality standards
- a range of student activities and support services
- smoother transfer of credits from school to school
- eligibility for special programs, grants, and scholarships
Parents play an important role in accreditation...
Schools want parents to be actively involved in the improvement process. Parents need to:
- stay informed about what’s going on at their child’s school
- talk to other parents about the importance of education
- join the school’s improvement team
- give feedback to the school through surveys, focus groups, and parent meetings.
WHAT ACCREDITATION MEANS TO WESTMINSTER CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
- It documents that WCA is true to our own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals)
- It affirms that WCA meets standards of quality established by the international school community
- It provides validation of the credibility of WCA through a peer review process
- It promotes accountability to the school community
- It improves instruction targeting increased student achievement
- It promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development
- It encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school
- It transfers credits between schools and between nation's school systems