Westminster Christian Academy is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International in Grades 1-12. We are state approved by the Louisiana Department of Education in Grades 1-12 on the Opelousas Campus. Westminster Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the organization. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and other organization-administered programs.
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) is a Christian educational organization that provides the accreditation of Westminster Christian Academy. ACSI advances excellence in Christian schools by enhancing the professional and personal development of Christian educators and providing vital support functions for Christian schools.
ACSI provides a highly regarded accreditation program and has partnerships with all of the U.S. regional accreditation agencies. As an ACSI member school, we seek accreditation to validate our quality and verify that we are striving for excellence based on a solid Christian philosophy of education foundation.
Accreditation achieves the following:
Christian educators help cultivate a worldview in which God has His rightful place, and they look to the Bible for guidance in answering life's big questions. These teachers enhance children's spiritual development in an intentional, nurturing manner. A Christian education at Westminster Christian Academy will help your child grow spiritually, academically, and culturally. In fact, the recent Cardus Education Survey and other education studies show that ACSI schools develop the whole child better than any other type of school. Watch this brief video to learn how!
- It documents that WCA is true to our own foundational statements (mission, vision, core values, goals)
- It affirms that WCA meets standards of quality established by the international school community
- It provides validation of the credibility of WCA through a peer review process
- It promotes accountability to the school community
- It improves instruction targeting increased student achievement
- It promotes ongoing instructional improvement through a continuous process of self-assessment and systematic school development
- It encourages the evaluation of biblical and spiritual integration of the school
- It transfers credits between schools and between nation's school systems