Curl Up With a Good Book This Summer!
While we are requiring your child to read two books, we encourage him/her to read all throughout the summer. Below is a list of grade-level books that your child may enjoy. This will be a great introduction to the reading your child will do throughout the year.
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- The Robe by Lloyd Douglas
- The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman by Ernest Gaines
- Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall
- The House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemmingway
- How the West Was Won by Louis L’Amour
- Spoon River Anthology by Edgar Lee Masters
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- The Oath by Frank Peretti
- Complete Tales of Edgar Allan Poe by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
- Pudd’nhead Wilson by Mark Twain
- The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams