Curl Up With a Good Book This Summer!
While we are requiring your child to read two books, we encourage him/her to read all throughout the summer. Below is a list of grade-level books that your child may enjoy. This will be a great introduction to the reading your child will do throughout the year.
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown
- The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
- The Wright Brothers by Russell Freedman
- For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
- Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan