Curl Up With a Good Book This Summer!
While we are requiring your child to read two books, we encourage him/her to read all throughout the summer. Below is a list of grade-level books that your child may enjoy. This will be a great introduction to the reading your child will do throughout the year.
- Hiroshima by John Hersey
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
- Christy by Catherine Marshall
- Never to Forget: The Jews of the Holocaust by Milton Meltzer
- This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells