The designated summer reading books for students entering fourth grade are:
- Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan
- The Sword in the Tree by Clyde Robert Bulla
These books were included in your book fees at enrollment/re-enrollment and can be picked up in the front office of either campus after enrollment/re-enrollment is complete through Admissions.
Students entering 4th grade are asked to annotate their books. Students need to make a minimum of 10 notations for each category. The annotations will constitute your child’s first reading grades of the year. A guide to annotating is available below. These books will also be the source of discussion during the first couple of weeks of school.
Curl Up With a Good Book This Summer!
While we are requiring your child to read two books, we encourage him/her to read all throughout the summer. Below is a list of grade-level books that your child may enjoy. This will be a great introduction to the reading your child will do throughout the year.
- The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes
- Dinosaurs by Design by Duane T. Gish
- Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne
- The King’s Equal by Katherine Paterson
- Historical fiction books by Louise Vernon
- The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White