- Review the scheduling resources available below, particularly the 2017-2018 Course Selection Overview and the WCA Graduation Requirements. Check for prerequisites for all classes in the 2017-2018 Course Descriptions or on PowerSchool.
- Log in to PowerSchool at the student portal or parent portal using your username and password. Contact your division secretary--Mrs. Kayre Brown (email@example.com) or Mrs. Brandi Roberie (firstname.lastname@example.org)--for help with your username and password, if needed.
- Click the Class Registration link on the left.
- Read the instructions provided at the top and under each subject area.
- Click the edit button (pencil icon) on the right of your screen to choose your courses. Click "okay" when done. Repeat this process for each subject area. (Note: Juniors and Seniors, the Electives and Alternate Electives have two or three pages of courses from which you may choose. Click next to see all available options.)
- After selecting classes for each subject area (a green check mark next to all areas), print the class registration page and attach to the Verification Form.
- Return the Verification Form with your printed class registration page from PowerSchool to your English teacher (homeroom teacher for rising 7th graders) by the deadline, May 9, 2017.
You may contact Emily Kimball, College Advisor, at email@example.com with any scheduling questions.
All schedule requests are, of course, contingent upon successful completion of current academic courses and, for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students, completion of required community service hours.
Dual Enrollment Classes
WCA offers dual enrollment classes, which allow our students to earn high school and college credit simultaneously. If you would like to take dual enrollment during your junior and/or senior year of high school, request the dual enrollment class of your choice when completing your scheduling requests in PowerSchool. Students who request a dual enrollment class will receive follow-up instructions regarding application and payment requirements.
To learn more about dual enrollment class options, eligibility criteria, costs, and benefits/risks, view the PDF slides below. Contact Emily Kimball, College Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.