- Review the scheduling resources available below, particularly the Scheduling Guidance 2019-2020 documents which includes a Course Selection Overview for upper school and middle school, WCA Graduation Requirements, and course descriptions. Check for prerequisites for all classes in the 2019-2020 Course Descriptions or on PowerSchool.
- Log in to PowerSchool at the student portal or parent portal using your username and password. Contact your division secretary--Mrs. Kayre Brown (email@example.com) or Mrs. Renee Pitre (firstname.lastname@example.org)--for help with your username and password, if needed.
- Click the Class Registration link on the left.
- Read the instructions provided at the top and under each subject area.
- Click the edit button (pencil icon) on the right of your screen to choose your courses. Click "okay" when done. Repeat this process for each subject area. (Note: Juniors and Seniors, the Electives and Alternate Electives have two or three pages of courses from which you may choose. Click next to see all available options.)
- After selecting classes for each subject area (a green check mark next to all areas), print the class registration page and attach to the Verification Form.
- Return the Verification Form with your printed class registration page from PowerSchool to your English teacher (homeroom teacher for rising 7th graders) by the deadline, May 17, 2019.
You may contact Emily Kimball, College Advisor, at email@example.com with any scheduling questions.
All schedule requests are, of course, contingent upon successful completion of current academic courses and, for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students, completion of required community service hours.
AP and Dual Enrollment Classes
WCA offers AP and dual enrollment classes as qualified teachers are available. If you would like to take AP and/or dual enrollment classes during your junior and/or senior year of high school, request the class of your choice when completing your scheduling requests in PowerSchool. Prerequisites do apply to both AP and dual enrollment. Students who request an AP or dual enrollment class will receive follow-up instructions. Contact Emily Kimball, College Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.