Coffee Chat is a weekly face-to-face opportunity to interact with Head of School Mr. Scott Davis on relevant topics throughout the year. Mr. Davis makes a brief presentation surrounding a particular topic announced prior to the chat and takes questions and comments on the topic afterward.
Coffee Chat is held on Wednesdays from 8:00-8:40 a.m. at the Opelousas Campus one week and the Lafayette Campus the next in the campus library.
2018-2019 School Year Topics
An example of the topics in the 2018-2019 School Year include:
- Pursuing God and Professional Growth This Year
- The difference between education in a Christian environment and a Christian education
- Idols Our Children May Face
- Review of AdvancED Visit (Opelousas Campus)
- Update on Lafayette Expansion (Lafayette Campus)
- I know I need to make some changes in my parenting expectations. How should I start?
- These Books Aren’t Just For Display
- Sneak Peek Into Our New Parent/Student Information System
- What does academic success look like?
- Somebody WILL influence your children. Who will it be?
2017-2018 School Year Topics
An example of the topics in the 2017-2018 School Year include:
- What is a Biblical Worldview?
- The Virus of Bad Ideas and How We Become Infected
- A Developmental Approach to Learning at WCA
- Viewing October 31st in a New Way
- The Myth of Learning Styles
- The Biggest Challenges Facing Christian Schools Today
- Parenting at Christmas - A Challenging Assignment
- Why Christian Education?
- Thought from A.W. Tozer's "The Pursuit of God"
- What's the Big Deal About Our New Recognition?
- How Do Our Educational Choices Add Up? Let's Compare!
- What We Take For Granted at Westminster
- The Future of WCA Athletics - Special Guest Coach Buddy Turnage
- Don’t Be Asleep at the Cross
- Wrapping Up. Looking Forward.
2016-2017 School Year Topics
An example of the topics in the 2016-20017 School Year included:
- Westminster in the midst of a raging culture
- Why rigorous academic preparation is important in today's cultural battle
- What is a good book and why read them?
- Why study the ancients?
- The history of Christmas with ideas to pass on to your children
- Bridging the sacred/secular divide in education
- The significance of our school motto - Soli Deo Gloria
- Revealing Westminster's new vision statement
- Let's talk about math
- The future of history at WCA
- Why good enough isn't good enough
- Why we are changing accreditation
- An inside look at the strategic plan
- Academic advancements in 2017 and beyond
NEW! Coffee Chat Will Now Be Recorded!
Due to feedback from parents who are unable to attend the live events for a variety of reason, we will now be publishing an audio recording of each topic. There is still tremendous value in coming to the live events, and so if at all possible, we encourage you to plan to attend our next chat! Watch your email inbox and Facebook
for the next topic coming to your campus!