Westminster Christian Academy
Five-Year Strategic Plan
Westminster Christian Academy will…
- Promote its mission and vision thus creating action in the community.
- Increase internal and external awareness and commitment to WCA’s mission and vision.
- Create marketing and language that supports and helps to foster the vision.
- Convert the current Statement of Values to a Crusader Code of Honor to use as a rallying point for Westminster students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Develop and expect strong and visionary leadership.
- Prioritize a culture of professional development and fund such activities for the Head of School and other leaders at Westminster.
- Carefully vet, train, and support the Board of Directors to enable their representation of the diverse WCA community.
- Develop a system whereby future leaders can be identified from within and trained for advancement opportunities.
- Assemble and retain a wise, caring, well-qualified, and invested faculty.
- Broaden a recruiting system that reaches and retains qualified, diverse, mature Christian educators.
- Ensure the continued development of all teachers and staff with respect to professional capacity and Biblical worldview.
- Ensure feedback to teachers that assists their professional growth.
- Ensure the involvement and input of teachers and staff in the decisions and the culture of the school.
- Develop a compensation structure for WCA employees that rewards excellence and aggressively recognizes Westminster faculty as among the best in Acadiana.
- Develop a culture of complete understanding, engagement, and investment within the faculty that fosters the visionary efforts of Westminster Christian Academy.
- Train students to be spiritually and academically well-prepared and well-rounded.
- Inspire and challenge students with the Gospel from an early age.
- Develop a series of consistent ideas for spiritual development that can follow students preschool – 12th
- Prepare teachers to continually infuse lessons with Biblical worldview emphasis and training for students.
- Develop a mechanism for students to be aware of, sensitive to and Biblically-prepared for current challenging topics within our society.
- Develop a mechanism to properly balance age-appropriate emphasis and time commitment with respect to academic work, extra-curricular pursuits, and family time.
- Improve elective and advanced level offerings at the upper school level.
- Teach students to harness technology for academic benefit and cultural transformation.
- Develop the academic and spiritual potential of each student such that Westminster can take its place as a top tier institution and a leader in the fight for effecting cultural change.
- Provide first class extra-curricular activities that will be transformative in the lives of students.
- Provide qualified coaches and sponsors for younger participants in order to facilitate maturation toward excellence in all activity areas.
- Provide more transportation options to facilitate extra-curricular participation by those coming from areas away from Opelousas.
- Involve the younger students in various forms of school spirit events to develop camaraderie and shared expectations of excitement and excellence.
- Broaden extra-curricular options such as the fine arts, academic clubs, and other activities.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external communities.
- Provide opportunities and inlets that enable good feedback from the school family.
- Tell the story of WCA both internally and externally so that all groups may know what the Lord has done and is doing at WCA.
- Provide a single, online information center that gives parents one place to go for all student-related information and communication.
- Maintain and improve its financial health.
- Further develop sources of non-tuition revenue.
- Improve the culture of regular and planned giving to WCA.
- Continually refine the mechanisms of financial management and the use of best business practices.
- Prioritize the care for and addition of infrastructure to meet student needs.
- Create a physical plan that will adequately support academic and extra-curricular goals.
- Create a facilities-related vision statement.
- Develop and publish a master plan that will inform and encourage the internal and external communities.
- Educate the community about the history of facilities giving and support that has impacted Westminster.
- Continually maintain and beautify current facilities.
- Remain at the front edge of technological engagement for students and teachers.