Blackbaud Tuition Management (formerly Smart Tuition) Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my Tuition Management Account?
- Log into your My School App account at https://wcala.myschoolapp.com
- Click the Resources Tab
- Click the Tuition Management Application (you will not need a second login)
How do I update my personal information on my account, including my address, telephone number, email address, password, or banking information?
Once in the Tuition Management application, select “Edit My Profile” at the top of your screen. Click “Update” on the section you wish to change.
How can I change or add a primary or secondary account holder?
If you are the primary account holder and wish to add, change, or update the secondary account holder, please contact Nichole Pitre at the Business Office (337-948-8607).
Is there a fee associated with a Tuition Management account?
Yes, there is an annual $50.00 Tuition Management fee charged per account. This is to be paid at the time of contract submission.
What is the purpose of the fee?
- Live agent call center and chat support
- Tuition Management's state-of-the-art parent website with secure online payment capability as well as detailed/printable views of account payment history
- Tuition Management's mobile app (for updated account history review and payment capability)
Will I receive an invoice from Tuition Management for the amount that I owe?
Yes, statements will be sent to each account by Tuition Management via email (unless the mail option was chosen during set up). Statements will be sent twenty days prior to the due date if Annual or Semi-Annual payer, and ten days prior to the due date if Quarterly or Monthly payer.
Will there be a fee assessed for late payments or NSF (Non-sufficient funds)?
An account is considered delinquent if not paid within 10 calendar days of the due date. A late payment fee of 1.5% per month, or fraction of a month, will be charged on a delinquent account. If a payment comes back as NSF (Non-sufficient funds), a $30.00 NSF fee will be charged to the account. Tuition Management will attempt to draft the account again ten days later.
If a payment, from a checking account with a routing number, comes back as NSF (non-sufficient funds), Tuition Management will charge a $30.00 NSF fee to your account. Tuition Management will attempt to draft the account again ten days later. If a credit card payment fails, no NSF fee is charged to your account.
I want to make a change to my auto draft date and/or account payment information. How soon do I need to make the change to be reflected in my next payment?
Changes to the account can be made at any time. However, in order for a change to be reflected in the upcoming payment, the update has to be completed three days prior to the draft/payment. For example, if your payment is due on Friday, the update will have to be completed by the Tuesday prior.
I want to stop the auto draft to avoid any Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fees as I know the payment will not go through. Can I do this? Yes, in order to stop an auto-draft, the update has to be completed three days prior to the draft. For example, if your payment is due on Friday, the update will have to be completed by the Tuesday prior. Please call Tuition Management Parent Center (1-888-868-8828), provide your Tuition Management ID, and request that the auto-draft be stopped. Please bring in payment to the WCA Business Office within 10 calendar days of the due date to avoid any late fees.
Can I mail my payments instead of auto draft or paying manually via card?
Yes, only if your payment method is Annual or Semi-Annual (Monthly and Quarterly payment methods are required to be set up as auto-draft).
Your check can be sent to the WCA Business Office at 186 Westminster Drive, Opelousas, LA 70570. Please make check payable to “Westminster Christian Academy” with student name in the memo field.
Is there a fee associated with using a debit or credit card for my payment?
Yes, if using a credit or debit card to make a payment, a 2.85% fee is assessed on every payment made on the total billed amount.
- Tuition Management accepts American Express, MasterCard, Discover, and VISA.
- No fee is assessed if the payment is set up with a checking account (i.e. Routing & Account Number entered)
I want to make my tuition payment from two accounts (i.e. one checking account and one credit card). Is this possible?
Yes, but unfortunately if auto-draft is set up, Tuition Management does not allow for the billed amount to be auto-drafted out of multiple accounts. If you would like to make a separate payment, there are a few options available. Please note that if you are set up on auto-draft, the separate payment must be paid five days prior to the draft date in order for the scheduled draft amount to be reduced.
- Call the Tuition Management Parent Center to make a payment over the phone (1-888-868-8828). Please have your Family ID readily available.
- You must be a named account holder in order to make a payment over the phone.
By electronic manual payment via Tuition Management website:
- Once in the Tuition Management application, select “Pay My Bill”
- Tuition Management will ask if you want to use the card on file or a different card – select “other”
- Enter card information (click “save for future payments” if you would like Tuition Management to remember this information. This card will not be the card used for auto drafts.)
- Enter the amount that you desire to pay.
- The remaining amount, if any, will be auto-drafted, for quarterly and monthly payers, per the payment schedule to the primary bank account/credit card in Tuition Management.
When does Smart Tuition draft my account?
Smart Tuition drafts payments one business day before the due date. For example, if the 20th was selected as payment date, Smart Tuition will begin the draft on the 19th, and you will see as pending transaction in your bank account. Also, if the payment date falls on a Monday, the draft date will be the previous Friday.