Where are you located?
Westminster Christian Academy has three campus locations with designated links to each on the WCA web site. Maps and directions are available on our web site for each campus.
- The Opelousas Campus Preschool, 163 Westminster Drive - serving students from age 3 years, 8 months (PRE-K) through K5.
- The Opelousas Main Campus, 186 Westminster Drive - serving students from 1st to the 12th grade.
- The Lafayette Campus, 111 Goshen Lane - serving students from PRE-K3 through 6th grade.
How do I get information about school uniforms?
- Click here for more information.
- Dennis Uniform is the official carrier of WCA uniforms.
- You can contact them online at www.dennisuniform.com.
Will I need to purchase school supplies?
- Pre-K through 6th grades students have specific class supplies purchased by parents. It is recommended that parents bring class supplies to school the day of Open House in August.
- The Upper School (grades 7th – 12th) supplies are teacher-specific.
- Click here for school supply lists.
What about summer reading requirements?
- Kindergarten and first grade will read 1 book each
- 2nd-9th will read 2 books each
- 10th-12th will read at least 2 books depending on whether or not they are taking honors English
- NO ONE will be taking SRC quizzes on summer reading books
- K-5 will complete a written assignment on each book (assignments will be available in this section of the the website AFTER the last day of school and will be mailed in report cards)
- 6-12 will be annotating their books (a tutorial will be posted here)
- The summer assignments are not terribly time consuming to complete, but will be graded
- Click here for more information.
How do I enroll in the WCA Bus Transportation System?
WCA has bus service for families that desire transportation from the Lafayette and Ville Platte communities to the Opelousas Campus location.
The transportation fees, bus routes and stops, deadline dates and safety requirements are available under the Summer information and the Transportation link here
Families are served on a first-come, first-serve basis. When the busses are full, a waiting list is begun.
All forms and paper work must be completed, fees enclosed, and returned to the Transportation Director by the deadline date to secure your child’s place on a bus and to be eligible for first day service.
What Food Service is available?
- Many of our students pack a lunch each day.
- WCA participates in a program called Lagniappe Lunch to provide meals daily on each of our campuses.
- For those students wishing a hot lunch, click here for a list of our vendors.
- Lunch ordering and lunch menus may vary at each campus.
What are the School Hours?
OPELOUSAS 7:50 A.M. - 3:10 P.M.
OPELOUSAS PRESCHOOL: 7:55 A.M. - 2:30 P.M. (Preschool students only)
OPELOUSAS PRESCHOOL: 7:55 A.M. -2:55 P.M. (Bus dismissal)
OPELOUSAS PRESCHOOL: 7:55 A.M. -3:15 P.M. (Regular dismissal)
LAFAYETTE PRESCHOOL: 7:50 A.M. - 2:30 P.M
LAFAYETTE ELEMENTARY (1st & 2nd): 7:40 A.M. - 2:50 P.M
LAFAYETTE ELEMENTARY (3rd – 6th): 7:40 A.M. – 3:05 P.M
LAFAYETTE -On Friday's preschool dismissal begins at 1:00 p.m. and children must be picked up by 1:45 p.m.
Students are tardy if they are not in the classroom for the A.M. time above.
Is After School Care available?
After school care is an option provided at all three campus locations: Opelousas, and Lafayette.
The “after school care” is designed to meet the particular needs of parents at each campus and each campus’ ability to provide those needs. Click here
for more information.
Information can be obtained by calling the Opelousas Campus (948-8607) or Lafayette Campus (337-988-6489) for details.
How do I reach teacher or staff person?
- The Opelousas Campus main number is (337) 948-8607.
- The Opelousas Preschool Campus main number is (337) 942-3288.
- The Lafayette Campus main number is (337) 988-6489.
- The Calvary Campus main number is (337-945-8235)
- You may contact the faculty and staff online. You may access the Faculty link from the home page. You may also find contact information by linking to “About Us”.
How do I access the online information for WCA?
The school’s web address is www.wcala.org. There are established links to much information about the school.
A student information system for academic information and attendance is available through PowerSchool under the technology link. Each grade-level secretary will assign passwords to both parents and students in order to access the PowerSchool information.
E-mails are widely used to deliver much of the school’s communications and information about school events.
The Crusader Connection is a full-color annual publication mailed to WCA families and friends in the summer. Contact the Admissions/Development Office to add family and friends to the mailing list anytime during the year.
Your child’s teacher may establish a link for information. This information would be found under each campus.
Does WCA have a school directory?
Current families can access the school directory through their private login in My BackPack.
How do I get Parent/Student Handbook?
Daily policies and procedures for the school day are contained in the Parent / Student handbook.
Each family is provided a copy of the school Handbook.
This copy is given to the youngest child in each family and the delivery system used is the Open House in August.
The homeroom teacher will ultimately assure delivery of each handbook.
Upper School students (grades 7th – 12th) are required to purchase a WCA Student Planner that contains the upper school handbook, school calendar, and other important information specific to the upper school grades.
A sign and return “Receipt of Handbook” and a “Permission to Publish Information” form is provided to each student.
Are there re-enrollment requirements for first year families?
Yes, every new family must fulfill re-enrollment requirements the first year. They are:
- Attend a “Meet the Head of School” meeting;
- Attend the first PTF (Parent-Teacher Fellowship);
- Schedule a classroom visit during the months of October and November; *
- Attend the Biblical Discipline PTF in October; *
- Schedule a Parent/Teacher conference at the end of the 1st nine weeks’ grading report. *
* For Preschool and Elementary Parents
What athletic opportunities are available for my child?
WCA offers a plethora of opportunities for students.
Boys’ and girls’ soccer in the preschool and lower elementary grades.
Upper elementary: Boys: soccer, football, basketball, baseball, track & field, archery; Girls: soccer, basketball, softball, volleyball, track & field, archery
Middle School: Boys – soccer, football, basketball, baseball, track & field; Girls – volleyball, basketball, softball, track & field
LHSAA High School Sports Offerings: Boys – football, basketball, soccer, swimming, golf, baseball, track and field, cross-country; Girls – volleyball, basketball, golf, soccer, swimming, softball, track and field, cross-country
What are co-curricular opportunities are available for my child in the Upper School?
WCA offers a myriad of co-curricular activities and opportunities that help round out the high school experience.
National Honor Society
Praise and Worship Team
Westminster Drama Club
I want to be involved. What opportunities do I have?
Our mission is to assist parents in educating their children. You are a valued partner in helping WCA deliver its mission. Your help and support are always appreciated and much needed. The opportunities to volunteer are numerous.
Contact Chaney Hopkins in the Office of Institutional Advancement 337-948-8607 EXT. 123 or a division/department secretary for information.
Room Moms are organized by campus. Contact Sonya Galloway – Opelousas Pre-school (945-8235), Susan Keller – Lafayette Campus (988-6489) or Dorothy Huguet – Opelousas Campus (948-8607) for room mom information.
“Moms in Prayer” meets regularly at each campus to pray. Contact the division/campus secretary for meeting days and time.
Crusader Club (Athletic Booster Club) – Contact Buddy Turnage, Athletic Director 337.942.4879 x127 or the WCA Athletic Department Secretary (337.942.4879) for information.
Q. Who should I contact if I have a question or helpful suggestion concerning this website?
A. Jon Sonbuchner is the Computer Teacher at WCA and is also the webmaster. Jon's email is JSonbuchner@wcala.org